This play off the 30 series (or curl series) is a high post option with a give and go option by the post man and a pass to the wing for a curl.
The play will be reset so that it can be run to the other side or another play in the series can be called.
(4) will cut to the high post off a screen by (5).
(4) can use any way to get to the high post.
(1) will pass to (4). This signals the start of the play.
(5) after setting the screen will move to either short corner for spacing.
The side (5) goes to will determine on which side the offense is run.
Immediately after passing the ball to (4), (1) will cut to the basket off of (4), looking for a give and go pass from (4).
(1) will cut off the shoulder of (4) opposite the side that (5) is on.
It is critical that the wings notice which shoulder (1) cuts off of as this dictates which wing will follow (1).
(1) will have a shot or, if (5)'s defender steps in to cover (1), (1) should have a pass to (5) for a lay-up.
This should be a quick scoring play. (5) must be alert for the pass.
In this example, (1) cut off of (4)'s right shoulder. This means the wing on the opposite side of the floor (2) will receive a pass from (4).
(3) will cut off a screen by (4) on the curl.
(4) will pass to (2) and then immediately set a screen for (3) curling to the basket. (3) can take the shot or pass to (5).
(1) will move to the wing vacated by the second cutter (3).
(4) will move to the point after setting the screen.
If (2) does not hit (3) on the cut, he will reverse the ball to (1) through (4).
(3) will, if he does not receive the pass, set a back screen for (4) cutting to the basket. (1) will attempt to hit (4) on the cut.
(4) must look for (5) if (5)'s man steps in. (5) must be alert for the pass.
(3) will step to the point after setting the back screen.
If (4) does not receive the pass, he will move to the low block on ball side.
If (4) is not open, he will set a cross screen for (5). (1) will look for (5) on the block. (4) will clear to the other side.
If nothing is open, (1) will reverse the ball to (3) at the point.
The play is now ready to be started again to the other side or another play in the 30 series can be called.
Submitted by: Mark Bradley and Gary Schulte
Categories: Offense man, Offense