Bill Foster Defensive Transition Drill
• Defender 1, hands or short passes the pass to the offensive player.
• The defender then sprints to half court then back to the ball handler advancing the ball back up the court.
• The defender gets their head and shoulders in front of the ball, forcing the ball carrier to change their path.
• Once the offensive player scores at the opposite end, the roles change and the offense becomes the new defense.
The defense wants:
• get head and shoulders in front of the ball at speed.
• force the ball handler change their path - to the sideline.
• play in a low defensive stance - all the way.
Submitted by: Matthew Dunstan