Drexel Closeout Drill Variation
• Add a coach / player at the low post.
• 1 still closes out 2, however 2 dribbles to a feeding position and passes to the coach in the low post.
• After passing 2, relocates looking for a return pass for a shot opportunity
• 1 must close out aggressively to force the ball baseline. When the ball is dead, apply pressure.
• If the pass goes into the low post, 1 will hedge down to the post, but deny / deter the pass back to 2.
• If the pass is made from the post back to 2, 1 must stop 2 from scoring (force baseline and jam up on the dead ball)
Submitted by: Matthew Dunstan