Based on the clinic of Rene Spandauw at the HBW Clinic on the 29th of December 1998.
This is a 4 (offense) on 3 (defense) half-court drill.
You stay on defense until you stopped the offense 2 (or 3) consecutive times from scoring.
• When you get a defensive stop, you stay on defense and a new offensive team rotates in. If it's the 2nd consecutive stop, the defense goes off and 3 offense players become defenders.
• Each new possession starts with the basketball at a coach on the baseline.
• A foul on a shooter means a made basket, so no stop.
• Insert rules for team fouls. For instance: every foul after the 1st one (even a non-shooting foul) counts as a made basket.
• Out of bounds rule is in effect.
2 Purpose of the drill:
• Develop competitiveness.
• It covers all aspects of offensive and defensive fundamentals in the game.
• Develop leadership.Teaching points:
• Do not quit!
• Find the balance between technique and intensity.
• All the things you've taught at break down drills.
Do not stop the drill for individual instruction, take that player out and let the others continue, but leave the defensive players in all
the time and instruct them afterwards