For U5-6 mini basket.
Theme: Pirates Fire the cannons
- The glass eyed (with a fish in it) pirates are each holding a cannon ball.
- They will all fire their cannon balls at the other ship.
The captain (coach) will instruct them to:
1. Load (Squat down)
2. Aim (Raise the balls to about the forehead area)
3. Fire (Shoot the ball high across the center line or should I say "into the other ship" by jumping up)
Very important to only emphasize one
aspect of shooting in this exercise. Kids at this age are unable to correct two
. In this case the emphasis is on using their legs
to achieve shooting height. Forget about form.
- The cannon balls are bouncing all over the other ship.
- The glass eyed pirates are counting down 10, 9, 8, 7...
- The Peg leg with a kick stand pirates must retrieve all the cannon balls before they stop bouncing or they will take a hit.
It's not over yet!
- Find the wicks (Basketball inflate holes) and put one finger on it to diffuse the canon ball.
- 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 Boom! Any Undiffused bomb represents one hit to the ship.
- Play up to 10 hits to sink the other team's ship!
Next crew's turn to fire.
Submitted by: Patrick
Categories: Mini basket u6, Mini basket u6